Friday, November 27, 2009

A Mutiny

How was everybody's Thanksgiving? Mine was good. I spent the day with my "adopted sister," Heather, and my cousin, Molly. Then today we visited the local thrift store.
As we drifted from isle to isle I grabbed this and that different things to try on, while Molly took few things and Heather none.
By the time we had made our way through the skirts, shoes, purses, and dresses I had a cart full of things to try on. Being Black Friday the store was more crowded than usual, and all three dressing rooms were occupied, so I decided to try some of the shirts on over my tee-shirt.
The first shirt was declared a success, as was the second and third. At the fourth there was a mutiny. Molly and Heather - along my my little sister and Molly's - declared that it was not fair that I found all the good things.
"Even things that don't look good on the hanger - she just puts a belt with it or something and it's cute!" as Molly put it.
They then all argued that I needed to help them, that they all needed an outfit before we left - it could be their Christmas present, one of them argued. And while that didn't come to pass, Heather still got a coat that she likes very much (it looks like Sherlock Holms'); and Molly got a couple skirts and a nice long gray coat.
I got several tops, and a couple dresses, along with a purse and Molly gave me her old coat. I'll try to post some pictures later.
This whole thing rather amused me. I'm glad to see that they all like my sense of style. I just had to share it.

In other news, I wrote over 1,000 words this evening thanks to Heather, who threatened me to make me write. I'm very grateful to her - even though my MC has now revolted. Characters are usually more interesting after thy revolt than before.

~ Katherine Anne

2 comments:

  1. "Characters are usually more interesting after they revolt than before"
    Hahaha, too true. *wink*

    *gasp* What am I missing? Do you live near Heather, or did she just come visit you (again)? *is insanely jealous, no matter what her answer is*
    So how are you? I haven't talked wi' ye in forever. :-) Miss you! Feel free to email me sometime if you want; I believe you have my address. *cannot remember*

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie, just wanted to let you know about my blog here on blogspot:

    http://theshieldmaiden.blogspot.com/

    Just trying to get the word out. :-) Hopefully that blog will last and not wither and die like my last one did.

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog, please leave a url if you have a blog so I can check yours out as well. ~ Katherine Anne